Youth Music is a charitable funder. This means that we give grants to other organisations - small charities, arts venues, music businesses, youth clubs, music education hubs, housing associations, nurseries and more - to run music making projects or create career progression opportunities in music.
Youth Music funding is made available through a grants applications process, with several funding rounds each year.
Youth Music is supported by the National Lottery via Arts Council England. This enables us to invest in projects all over England. Thanks to additional funding from players of People's Postcode Lottery, we've been able to launch our Incubator Fund to support young people and music businesses, and extend our funding to include Wales and Scotland.
Grants of £5,000 to £30,000 are available to businesses, collectives, and not-for-profits working in the music industries.
The fund is designed to help open up access to sustainable careers in music for people aged 18-25, particularly those who are underrepresented; and to support creative employers to innovate and incubate new and diverse talent. The next round is expected to open in autumn 2021.
Applicants who applied to our February round will be notified on Friday 30 April 2021.
- Fund A – awards grants of between £2,000 and £30,000 to organisations.
- Fund B – awards grants of between £30,001 to £200,000 to organisations.
- Fund C – awards grants of up to £160,000 per year. Currently closed to applications.
- Music Education Hub Development Fund – awards grants to music education hub lead organisations. Currently closed to applications.
- Emerging Creatives Fund - information announced summer 2021.
- Access Fund - if you identify as Disabled and need further support to make an application to Youth Music, you can apply to our Access Fund. This provides funding to cover any additional access costs that might be required for you to make an application to one of Youth Music’s main grant funds.
For more information about our funding opportunities, visit the Youth Music Network here.
- Talent Development Partners fund - Youth Music is a co-funder in 2020-21 of PRS Foundation’s Talent Development Partner network. This brings together 49 organisations supporting thousands of exciting, diverse music creators across all genres and regions of the UK. Youth Music co-funds 12 of these organisations to expand their offers specifically focusing on young music creators aged 18 to 25 and breaking down barriers to access and progression.
Emergency fund (now closed)
We ran this fund of £500,000 (with grants available of up to £10,000) for music-making organisations who were in immediate need due to the coronavirus pandemic. You can find out more about our findings as a result of running this fund in this article written by Research and Evaluation Officer Remi Fairweather Stride.