Youth Music is looking for Black History Month feature pitches from young writers.
Are you a writer or budding journalist based in the UK and aged between 18-25 (up to 30 if d/Deaf or Disabled)?
We are commissioning website features for Black History Month and want to hear from you!
What to pitch:
We are interested in fascinating, thoughtful Black History Month focused personal essays, cultural observation pieces, and stories with musical angles.
- Do you have a moving or relatable experience about being a Black artist/creative?
- Do you want to explore a piece of Black musical history?
- Is there a Black artist you admire, or who has influenced you?
Send us your pitches!
How to pitch:
Please complete our short application form by answering the following questions:
- Be specific but brief. In a paragraph, tell us exactly what it is you want to write about and why. Give us your focus, angle, or argument.
- Share links or clippings of your previous writing work - this can be articles published on other platforms, relevant university/college essays, or personal blog posts. We just need to see your skill level and tone of voice.
- Lastly - tell us a bit about you and why you would be best placed to write this feature.
Fee: £150 for a 1,000-word feature.
Deadline for pitches: 10am, Wednesday 20 September 2023.