Springboard is an exciting new project that has been funded by the Youth Music Incubator fund. This 10 month long initiative will allow Saffron to provide 7 young women or gender non-conforming people (age 18-25) to receive a grant of £1,000-£3,000 that can be used to fund their very own music-based project. Through the year they will receive a budget to develop their own new or existing creative projects, whilst receiving one-to-one mentoring and support, professional development coaching and access to digital music conferences and events.
Music events, showcases, recording sessions, record releases, podcasts, networking programmes, artistic development and commissioning new works
Funds that we will award:
- 2 x Gold Funds of £3,000 each
- 2 x Silver Funds of £2,000 each
- 3 x Bronze Funds of £1,000 each
- Monthly one-to-one sessions with an assigned professional mentor. The mentor will support and advise on the young person’s chosen project, promoting participation and empowerment, allowing the young person space to develop in their own way.
- Monthly sessions for the group to come together, share ideas, update each other on their respective projects and encourage peer-to-peer support and connectivity
- 4 days throughout the year of dedicated professional and business training days for the group on topics such as: public speaking, budgeting, marketing, creative expression, funding applications etc.
- A 12-month top tier Saffron Members subscription, giving access to various digital resources and 3 monthly online workshops on aspects of production, DJing and marketing
This fund is designed to support those who have never applied for funding before or have just started out with their music career/journey. Working in line with Saffron’s aims of breaking down barriers for womxn or gender non-conforming people within the music industry we especially welcome those who are:
- Not in education or employment
- From a low-income background
- Are Black, Asian or from other ethnic groups
- Are representing underground and emerging sounds
Additional application support:
We will be hosting a live Q+A session via Instagram live on Monday 15th Feb at 1pm.
We also be available to all applicants if they wish to contact me about any questions/ ideas they would like to discuss.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org